The East Coast in the throes of yet another winter storm (with another looming later in the week) and Punxsutawney Phil just declared declaring six more weeks of winter! When will it end? We might as well give in and curl up under a great big crochet or knit throw project until spring.
Whether your home decor is cottage chic, boho, contemporary, modern or eclectic there’s a super comfy and cozy throw pattern out there for you. And the same for your ability level–whether you are a beginner or more advanced knitter or crocheter, the Internet has a virtual plethora of fun and functional throw patterns.
Here are some of our favorite crocheted and knitted throw patterns that you should be able to finish by the end of winter (which will be some time in July at this rate).
Find your perfect crochet or knit throw pattern below.
- Cabled & Shell Throw Crochet Pattern – for texture and warmth try this pretty intermediate experience level project. Perfect for understated decor. Free pattern.
- Super Chunky Double Cable Throw Pattern – Etsy is the place for finding cool crochet and knit patterns, just like this super chunky cable knit project. Take that winter!
- Catch a Wave Throw Pattern – a bright crocheted throw featuring a wave pattern. The pattern says boho all the way! Free pattern.
- Aran Nosegay Crochet Throw – this stunning traditional throw features a pretty nosegay motif. Free pattern.
- 5 1/2 Hour Throw -if you are the impatient type and can’t commit to a project that will take a month or two, try this quick and easy 5 ½ hour crochet throw pattern. Free pattern.
- Peacock Pretty Throw Crochet Pattern – have a flair for drama? Then so should your throw. This stunning peacock pattern might take a little more time to crochet up, but it looks like it would be worth the effort.
- American Flag Throw Pattern – work on this chunky knitted throw while watching the Winter Olympics in Sochi!
- Chevron Throw Pattern – combine both style and coziness with this on trend knitted chevron throw. Free pattern.
- Patchwork Sampler Throw Pattern – this knitted project involves knitting each square separately and sewing them together. This project is a little more advanced. Free pattern.
- Super Easy Lap Blanket Pattern – this easy project is made with super soft and warm Merino wool. Free pattern.
- Honeycomb Throw Pattern – crocheted up in black, purple and pink, this throw makes a statement. Free pattern.
Related on Organic Authority
Top Image: ErinBlacksDesigns