No matter how zen, centered, or balanced we deem ourselves, not all of us wake up on the right side of the bed each and every day. Could you use a daily reminder to see the positive side of life and its many experiences? Something as simple as daily mantras can really shift your mindset to bigger and brighter things.
Mantras are words or sounds repeated to help build concentration and focus, typically in conjunction with a meditation practice. But they can be recited mentally whenever you need to distract yourself away from stress or difficult situations.
If using these to jumpstart your day, choose one of the following daily mantras in the morning, and repeat it to yourself silently before leaving bed. Continue to repeat the mantra to yourself for about 2-3 minutes, harnessing positive energy as you go. Some of them may appear simple or trite, but repeating just one word or a pair of words can make a marked difference in your day.
But don’t take our word for it! Try it out for yourself.
22 Powerful Daily Mantras
- My sphere surrounds me and no negativity shall come in, but my positive energy can flow out and touch many.
- My breaths will be deep and my heart will be open.
- I’ll release the things out of my control.
- There are blessings hidden everywhere; I will find them.
- I am not a drop in the ocean. I am the entire ocean in a drop.
- I am whole, I am creative, and I am capable of change.
- I show up.
- This too shall pass.
- I focus on how I feel, not what I want to achieve.
- I honor my spirit and trust my vibes.
- I am enough, I have enough, and I am doing enough. I accept myself and my life fully right now.
- With change comes opportunity.
- Dare to be present.
- Today, accept what is instead of resenting what isn’t.
- Just to be alive is a grand thing.
- I am thankful for everything I have.
- Breathe in joy and strength, breathe out wisdom and peace.
- I am stronger than my excuses.
- Don’t postpone joy.
- I matter.
- Progress is more important than perfection.
- I’m the one in control of how I see myself.
Meditating Image from Shutterstock