Baby, it’s cold outside! What better way to warm up than from the inside out? Try out our five tasty hot drink recipes to warm you up on a chilly day.
There are hot drink recipes for the whole family (including some alcoholic bevvies for the adults). From hot cocoa to mulled wine, warming yourself from the inside out can be a real treat.
1. Hot cocoas: Try our very own best hot cocoa recipe. It’s vegan and flavored with vanilla beans and cinnamon sticks. Yum! And be sure to check out a few of our gourmet cocoas, including Mexican and Sleepy Time Cocoa. Or mix up your own cocoa treat using our 3-ingredient guideline.
2. Homemade lattes: Flavored coffee doesn’t have to empty your wallet. Make your own homemade lattes that are full of flavor and free of toxins.
3. Hot apple cider: Get yourself a bushel of apples and go to town with our sugar-free hot apple cider recipe. The warm flavors of cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, anise and ginger combine to craft this soul-warming treat. Top off the blend with some fresh orange slices. Or you can go full out and make a batch of wassail.
4. Mulled wines: Check out this spicy organic mulled wine blend or our punched up mulled wine that includes brandy. And don’t forget mulled wine kits make a great hostess gift. Just add a little cheesecloth bundle of spices to your gifted bottle of wine.
5. Hot toddies: From party punch to spiked egg nog, warm cocktails are sure to please. My favorite is the hot buttered rum.
Related on Organic Authority