Looking for inspiration to include more heart-healthy nuts in your diet? You’ve sprinkled chopped walnuts and almonds on every salad for lunch … now what? Fear not, we’ve gathered 7 of our staff-created heart-healthy nut recipes from appetizer to dessert to try out at home today. To your health!
- Raw Cashew & Nut Ravioli: A decadent and vibrant dish! Layers of sliced beets and a cashew “cheese” filling make this revamped version of ravioli suitable for vegetarians and vegans alike. Get the recipe here.
- Cashew “Ricotta”: Use this dairy-free cheese ricotta substitute in stuffed shelf, lasagna, or any other Italian-inspired recipe. Also works as a chip dip! Get the recipe here.
- Candied Organic Spiced Nuts: Sweet, salty, and deliciously spiced, these aromatic candied nuts will fill your kitchen with enticing smells of cinnamon and ginger. Get the recipe here.
- Raw Almond Butter Recipe: No explanation necessary—just pass the jelly, please! Get the recipe here.
- Aphrodisiac Raw Chocolate Balls: Chockfull of walnuts, dates, and cocoa, these bite-sized snacks double as a dessert! Get the recipe here.
- Superfood Vegan Biscotti with Matcha and Maca: This snack is superhero-worthy! Maca, matcha, and whole grains come together to make a crispy, wholesome biscotti bar. Bonus: Add your own mix of nuts to the blend! Get the recipe here.
- Spring Pea Soup with Mint and Toasted Pistachios: Make this recipe in the spring when peas are fresh, or anytime throughout the rest of the year with frozen peas. Soft, delicate, green flavors complement the nutty pistachios and fresh mint. Get the recipe here.
Related on Organic Authority