In addition to all the ways entertaining relatives is stressful, there’s the added stress of my Paleo diet vs. everyone else’s desire for holiday foods. Although most loved ones have been very open to sampling my Paleo dessert recipes and special sides, I never want to feel like I’m forcing my diet on anyone else.
This becomes even more complicated when you consider that sweet treats–cookies, cakes, candies, and beverages–are completely intertwined with our holiday traditions. Baking and frosting cookies, or helping my grandfather make chrusciki (a Polish twist on fried dough that’s coated with powdered sugar) are some of my favorite holiday memories.
If you’re fairly new to the Paleo/Primal/Gluten-free lifestyle, you may think that raw fruit and super dark chocolate are your only options. Boy are you ever wrong! Although they should still be consumed in moderation, there are plenty of Paleo dessert recipes that are so beautiful and so delicious, you can bring them to any holiday party and they’re sure to be a hit.
7 Paleo Dessert Recipes Everyone At Your Party Will Love
1. Grain-Free Sugar Cookies - Whether you’ve got a house full of kids or are just a kid at heart, sugar cookies are a must for the holiday. This recipe from Against All Grain deliver the buttery, chewy texture we all expect and even includes a Paleo frosting for decorating!
2. Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Pops – Sweets on a stick are all the rage, and this is just one of many Paleo desserts that can be enjoyed without a fork.
3. Paleo Peppermint Bark – Made with dairy-free dark chocolate and luscious coconut milk, you’ll never want to go back to the traditional peppermint bark again.
4. Paleo Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bites (pictured at top) – There’s nothing I love more than Paleo desserts that soothe my craving for sugar and salt at the same time. This recipe delivers both on the creamy medium of cheesecake!
5. Paleo Pecan Pie – I spent many years in the South, and pecan pie was a staple on the holiday dessert table. This recipe replaces the brown sugar with healthier sweeteners that won’t kill your progress.
6. Moo-Less Chocolate Mousse – Making pudding of any kind usually implies lots of dairy and lots of sugar. This recipe from Balanced Bites will teach you not to assume!
7. Chunky Monkey “Ice Cream” Bon Bons – This delightful recipe brings to mind a very popular flavor of Ben & Jerry’s–but with only Paleo-approved ingredients!
Related on Organic Authority: