If you happen to catch a cold, get some relief with this tip from Ronald L. Stram, MD, founder of the Center for Integrative Health and Healing in Delmar, NY.
In an interview with Natural Health magazine, Dr. Stram recommends wearing wet socks to bed, as follows:
- Soak a pair of ankle socks in cold water.
- Wring them out.
- Soak your feet in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the wet socks on your feet.
- Cover the wet socks with a pair of dry heavy socks.
Your body temperature will heat the socks, directing blood toward the feet and reducing fever and congestion, Dr. Stram explains. He recommends a 3-day course of “sock therapy” for cold sufferers.
Organic Sock Picks
- Under the Nile Terry Socks
- Urban Hiker (made with certified organic wool)
- Organic Sheep Wool Socks by GaelSong
- Hemp Socks (crew style)