You’ve likely heard of the mojito, a popular Cuban cocktail made with light rum, lime juice, mint sprigs, sugar and club soda.
Our weekend recipe offers a tea-rific twist that will surprise family and friends.
Total prep time is 10 minutes, and all of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Have fun chilling out!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large lime, quartered
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces prepared green tea, chilled
- 1 cup light rum
- 1 cup chilled seltzer
- In a glass pitcher, squeeze lime. Add basil and sugar.
- With wooden spoon, thoroughly crush basil against side of pitcher. Add lime rinds.
- Stir in tea and rum. Just before serving, add seltzer.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses. Garnish, if desired, with additional basil leaves.
- Summer Special-Tea
- Rosemary-Laced Lemonade Tea
- The Health Benefits of Antioxidants
- Mug Shots
- Trends in Organic Tea
- Tea Talk Mugs
Recipe and photo courtesy of Lipton Tea