On a crazy-busy or luxuriously lazy Sunday, nothing beats a delicious, nutritious salad that combines the highest-quality organic fruits and vegetables.
Our weekend recipe features only the finest ingredients, all of which should be available at your local natural and organic food store. Lime juice and a touch of curry powder in the homemade dressing add just the right amount of zing!
California Waldorf Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 1/3 cup organic nonfat plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1/2 cup organic celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 3/4 cup organic seedless grapes, halved
- 1 organic apple, unpeeled, cut into 1/3-inch dice (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 5 ounces organic baby spinach or mixed baby greens (about 6 cups)
Place yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, zest, curry and honey in small bowl, and whisk to combine.
Place celery, raisins, grapes, apple and nuts in large bowl. Add about half of yogurt dressing, and stir to combine.
Just before serving, add spinach; toss to combine. Add more dressing, if needed.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Earthbound Farm