Go Organic! for Earth Day is a national campaign to increase consumer awareness of the benefits of organic food and agriculture.
The sponsors have announced a special contest with a unique prize: a grocery makeover with Chef Domenica Catelli, author of Mom-a-licious: Fresh, Fast, Family Food for the Hot Mama in You! The cookbook is credited with getting children to eat vegetables without hiding the ingredients. Chef Catelli advocates choosing organic food whenever possible and believes the first step to going organic should begin in the dairy aisle.
To enter, email the following items to email@example.com:
- A photo of your family
- Photos of the inside of your pantry, refrigerator and freezer
- A brief (100 words or less) explanation of why your family needs a grocery makeover
The grand-prize winner’s family will receive:
- A day with Chef Catelli in their home kitchen
- A trip to the grocery store
- A full pantry, refrigerator and freezer makeover, with free organic groceries
- A cooking lesson
Five first-prize winners will receive a signed copy of Mom-a-licious and a $200 gift certificate.
All Internet entries must be received by 5 p.m. EST on May 1.
All mail entries must be postmarked by May 1 and received by May 6. Entries should be sent to: Monica Walch, MusicMatters, 4208 Park Glen Rd., Minneapolis, MN 55416.
For contest rules and regulations, click here.