Ready for your Fourth of July festivities?
Here’s another holiday recipe that pairs fresh fruit with cheese. (See yesterday’s recipe, Mango Caprese Salad.)
Sweet Northwest cherries, available June through August, are nutrient-dense and loaded with important antioxidants. They, along with the other ingredients in this colorful salad, should be readily available at your local natural and organic food store.
Happy holiday from everyone at OrganicAuthority.com!
Fourth of July Cherry, Cheese and Greens Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 2 quarts mixed baby greens
- 2 cups pitted Northwest fresh sweet cherries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) small fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- Balsamic Vinegar Dressing (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
Toss greens, cherries and cheese to distribute ingredients evenly. Add 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar Dressing and toss to coat. Top with mint.
Note: Recipe can be doubled.
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Combine first six ingredients. Whisk in olive oil until dressing is well blended.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Northwest Cherry Growers