Yesterday, we planned for Chinese New Year festivities with a recipe for Sweet Sesame Balls. Today’s dish is a refreshingly light and silky Almond Gel.
All of the ingredients can be found in your local natural and organic food store.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups Pearl Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1¾ teaspoons almond extract
- 1 pound fresh fruit, chopped
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water in small bowl; let stand 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, combine soymilk and sugar in saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until hot and steaming; do not boil.
- Remove from heat; blend in gelatin and extract.
- Cool slightly and pour into 8-inch square glass baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight until firm.
- To serve, cut gel into 1-inch cubes; place in individual bowls and top with fruit.
Book Pick of the Day: Revolutionary Chinese Cookbook: Recipes from Hunan Province
Recipe courtesy of Kikkoman International Inc.