Our end-of-the-week recipe is a dream dessert featuring California dried plums, fresh ginger, honey and raspberries. Dried plums are the perfect example of a delicious, portable and versatile food that offers big nutrition, bite for bite.
Because you’re dedicated to organic living, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavor, while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
California Dried Plums Steeped in Jasmine Tea with Yogurt
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons jasmine tea leaves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (1/2-inch) slice fresh ginger
- 1½ cups pitted California dried plums
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1½ cups Greek-style or drained nonfat yogurt (see note below)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- In saucepan, bring 2 cups water to simmer. Remove from heat; add tea. Steep 5 minutes.
- Strain, discard leaves and pour tea back into rinsed saucepan. Add sugar and ginger. Simmer about 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Remove ginger. Add dried plums. Cover and let sit at least 15 minutes.
- Stir honey into yogurt. Divide yogurt among 6 bowls. Top with dried plums and steeping liquid.
- Garnish with raspberries and crystallized ginger.
Note: To make 1½ cups drained yogurt, line strainer with paper coffee filter. Set over bowl. Place 3 cups nonfat yogurt in filter. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Discard liquid that drains from yogurt.
Recipe and photo courtesy of California Dried Plums