One of our newest feature articles is a profile of Real Food Daily, a popular Southern California organic restaurant with locations in West Hollywood and Santa Monica.
Executive Chef and Founder Ann Gentry wrote The Real Food Daily Cookbook two years ago, and her publisher has been kind enough to let us share the following recipe from the book. This Cherry Tomato Salad is a perfect accompaniment to quiche and sandwiches, Gentry notes.
Cherry Tomato Salad With Tarragon and Chives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces yellow teardrop tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend. Add the cherry tomatoes, teardrop tomatoes, shallots, chives and tarragon, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.