Family is one of the most powerful influences on a child’s weight and health.
Win at Weight Loss: A Healthy Guide for the Whole Family offers simple steps parents can take to improve their own health habits and help their children “grow into” a healthier weight.
Start-to-finish time is 30 minutes, and all of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Easy Corn Flake-Crusted Fish
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
3 cups corn flakes, crushed to make about 1-2/3 cups
4 Alaskan cod fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow dish, mix flour and salt. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water with fork. Place crushed cereal in a third shallow dish.
- Dip fish in flour, coating well; shake off excess.
- Dip floured fish in egg mixture and then in cereal, coating all sides completely. Place coated fish on an ungreased plate.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Keeping at least 1 inch between fish fillets (and cooking in batches, if needed), cook fish in oil 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning once, until well browned and fish flakes easily with fork.
- If needed, place cooked fish on paper towels on a cookie sheet and keep warm in a 225°F oven while cooking remaining fish.
Recipe and photo reproduced by permission from Win at Weight Loss: A Healthy Guide for the Whole Family by Betty Crocker. Copyright © 2005 by Betty Crocker. All rights reserved.