Catering your own New Year’s Eve party?
Then follow the advice of catering pros: Let “make ahead” be your mantra. The more food you can prepare before your party, the more you’ll relax and have fun.
Make and freeze this fabulous Ginger Champagne Granita. This recipe can be made up to 2 days ahead.
Ginger Champagne Granita
Makes 6 servings
- 1 bottle champagne
- 2 to 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Put all ingredients into heavy saucepan and bring just to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour into bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Pour mixture into 8-inch square metal baking pan. Freeze until icy around edges (about 45 minutes).
- Use a fork to rake frozen edges toward the center. Repeat raking into the center every 30 minutes until frozen through, about 5 hours total. Cover; keep frozen.
- To serve, use large spoon or ice cream scoop to mold.
- Serve in a martini glass, frosted parfait glass or in a small dish. Garnish with fresh mint and berries.
Note: Because you’re dedicated to organic living, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavor, while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Sam’s Club