We’ve come to love tequila so much that we want it in everything—from traditional and exotic cocktails to marinades and bastes, side dishes, guacamoles and even desserts.
Our easy end-of-the-week recipe combines fresh ingredients with a few tablespoons of tequila, a perfect twist for your Fourth of July celebration.
Ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store. Just remember: Recipes with alcohol that are not cooked, such as salad dressings or dips, should not be served to those under 21.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 14.5-oz. can petite-cut diced tomatoes with jalapeños, drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped (timesaving appliance for the job: the Magic Bullet)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh (or 2 teaspoons dried) cilantro
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Peel, seed and mash avocados.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate one hour before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Jose Cuervo/Magic Bullet