This Southwest-inspired salsa will disappear when placed alongside an Easter ham and scooped up with tortilla chips. Combine the delicious flavors that complement ham and stir in some chopped fresh cilantro, if desired, just before serving.
All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Mango and Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Makes about 4 cups
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 15½ -ounce cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, cumin and garlic powder in medium bowl.
- Add black-eyed peas, mangoes, tomatoes and green onion; toss gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate 4 hours and serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe courtesy of Cook’s Ham