On Sunday, say “Be My Valentine” with this deliciously simple coffee drink, which will warm you up—or cool you down, if you add ice cream.
Sweetened condensed milk adds a rich, creamy texture and sweet flavor. Several organic brands should be available at well-stocked natural food stores.
Prep time is only 5 minutes. Cook time is also 5 minutes.
Prepare to receive mocha-flavored kisses!
Makes 4 servings
4 cups strong brewed coffee
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- In large saucepan, combine coffee, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate and cinnamon.
- Heat through, stirring constantly.
- Serve in mugs. Top with whipped cream or small spoonful of ice cream (optional).
Valentine’s Day Recipes from Our Blog
- Valentine Salad
- Warm Griddle Salad with Chicken and Apples
- Maple Wasabi Grilled Salmon
- Triple-Berry Granola Crisp
- Plus: Impress Your Sweetie with an Organic Valentine’s Day Dinner for Two