Thanksgiving is just over a week away, and food is at the heart of this holiday celebration.
Using chicken broth instead of water adds rich flavor to Moist & Savory Stuffing. This recipe from Swanson Broth has become a classic, and the company now offers certified organic chicken broth. You can add dried cranberries and chopped pecans or sausage and mushrooms to jazz up the flavor and add some texture.
Moist & Savory Stuffing
Makes 4 cups
- 1¾ cups Swanson Certified Organic Chicken Broth
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups herbed seasoned stuffing mix
- Heat broth, pepper, celery and onion in 2-quart saucepan over high heat to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add stuffing and stir lightly to coat.
Savory Stuffing with Cranberries and Pecans: Stir 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and chopped pecans into stuffing mixture.
Sausage & Mushroom Stuffing: Add 1 cup sliced mushrooms to vegetables while cooking. Stir 1/2 lb. cooked and crumbled pork sausage into stuffing mixture.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Swanson Broth