Mother’s Day is only a few days away, so let’s get busy with meal planning.
We’ll start with a simple, tasty and healthful Fresh Tomato and Zucchini Salad.
All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Fresh Tomato and Zucchini Salad
Makes 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh green bell pepper chunks
- 1 cup fresh zucchini chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Blend first seven ingredients to create your dressing.
- Mix tomatoes, bell pepper, zucchini and onion in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, tossing well to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe and photos courtesy of McCormick