Gather the family for a Father’s Day cookout on Sunday. If your husband or dad loves steak, grill it to perfection to make his day.
All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Porterhouse Steak with Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Maytag blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 4 Porterhouse steaks
- Steak seasoning, to taste
- For blue cheese and sun-dried tomato butter, heat oil over medium heat in small saucepan. Add garlic; cook until brown.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes; cook about 1 minute.
- Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and basil, and immediately transfer contents to a food processor or blender.
- Turn on food processor; add blue cheese and purée. Add sliced butter to food processor, allowing it to be whipped into puréed cheese mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a sheet of parchment paper. Roll into a tube about 1½ inches in diameter, and twist paper at the ends. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice into 1½ -inch coins, as needed. Unused butter can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Preheat grill to high. Season both sides of steaks. Grill steaks to desired doneness. Just before removing steaks from the grill, place a butter slice on each one so it’s partially melted as you serve the steaks.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Omaha Steaks