Whether you’re snacking during a football game or relaxing in the company of friends, bring a touch of the Mediterranean to the occasion with today’s nibble-ready recipe.
Prep time is 15 minutes, and all of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Serve with an aromatic Pinot Grigio, fruity Chardonnay or richly flavored Cabernet Sauvignon.
Note: You may also top a salad with these spicy olives.
Spicy Marinated Olives
Makes 1 dozen appetizers (about 2 cups olives)
1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or champagne vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon crushed red hot pepper flakes
1 bay leaf (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups drained black olives (or the olive assortment of your choice)
- Toast coriander and cumin seeds in small skillet over medium heat, shaking skillet occasionally, until seeds are fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In jar with tight-fitting lid, combine seeds and remaining ingredients, except olives. Cover; shake well.
- Add olives; cover and shake well to coat olives with marinade.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 month before serving. Serve at room temperature with wooden picks as appetizers or add to tossed green salad.
More Olive Recipes from Our Blog
- Green Olive Salsa
- Green Olive Cheddar Dip
- Olive-Stuffed Goat Cheese Bites
- Grilled Flatbread with Olive, Orange and Fennel Relish
- Marinated Olives
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Spanish Olive Drizzle
Recipe and photo courtesy of Lindsay Olives