Starting to think about fall entertaining?
Yesterday, I discussed the popularity of artisan sausages and how they can be paired with the right wines. Today, we feature a recipe for satisfying, yet easy-to-prepare, Stuffed Mushrooms.
All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
4 gourmet smoked sausage links (about 4 ounces each)
12 stuffing-size portobello mushrooms or approximately 15 button mushrooms
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Syrah (red wine), divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook sausage in skillet and crumble with fork until evenly browned. Drain and set aside.
- To prepare mushroom cups, remove and chop stems; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix chopped mushroom stems, cream cheese and bread crumbs. Stir in sausage and 1/4 cup wine.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom cups. Transfer to large baking dish and cover with the remaining wine.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Don Sebastiani & Sons and Emeril’s Smoked Sausage