Summer is grilling season, and consumers are looking for healthful recipes that will make them barbecue stars, says Chef Mark Tadros of Foster Farms.
This recipe is easy to prepare on the stovetop or grill, depending on where you feel like cooking. Ground turkey replaces higher-fat ground beef.
All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Makes 12 burgers
- 3 pounds ground turkey (7% fat)
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lettuce, tomato slices, red onion slices, condiments of your choice
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Form into 12 patties.
- Cook patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180°F.
- Place on buns, and top with lettuce, tomato, onion and condiments of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of Foster Farms