I picked up a new breakfast idea from the current issue of Health magazine:
- Toast 2 frozen whole-grain waffles.
- Top with 1/2 cup ricotta cheese.
- Slather with 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries (thawed).
The result is a cheesecake-like dish that takes only 5 minutes of prep time.
To keep things organic, I buy:
- Nature’s Path Flax Plus Frozen Waffles
- Organic Valley Ricotta Cheese
- Wild Harvest Frozen Strawberries
I’ve substituted fresh fruit (apples, pears, orange segments), but I really do enjoy the texture of the frozen berries, which drizzle juice over the ricotta cheese. It’s a healthful, filling breakfast “sundae” that’s rich in nutrients and flavor.