When kids head back to school, families can experience mealtime meltdowns.
Schedules must be coordinated, lunches need to be packed, and busy parents are desperate to find quick ways to create healthy meals.
Here are three basic survival tips:
- Plan menus over the weekend. Making decisions when you have some downtime reduces stress and can save you hours in the supermarket and kitchen. Some great recipe ideas appear at the end of this article.
- Shop smart. Keep must-have ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator. In addition to fresh organic fruits and veggies, rely on prepared organic pasta sauce, salsa, canned beans, cheeses, whole-grain pasta and brown rice. Make sure you have sufficient supplies of favorite condiments.
- Cook Once, Eat Twice. Double your recipes. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers for future meals.
A Dozen Recipe Ideas
- Maple Wasabi Glazed Salmon
- Turkish Stuffed Eggplant
- Catfish with Peanut-Coconut Crust
- Pumpkin Curry Soup
- Middle Eastern Meatballs
- Vegetarian Bagel Sandwich
- Baja Fish Tacos with Mexican Slaw
- Spicy Bean Stew
- Veggie Egg Salad
- Harvest Stuffed Squash
- Butternut Squash Soup with Sage
- Graham-Crusted Fish Fillets