The countdown to Thanksgiving has officially begun. Start the week by relaxing with a cup of this aromatic Cardamom Tea, a recipe that appears in Chai: The Spice Tea of India by Diana Rosen.
“Cardamom is an essential spice in masala chai, but chai also tastes great when cardamom is its sole spice,” Rosen writes. “Try this recipe with a delicately aromatic Darjeeling. I’ve added a touch of orange for fragrance, but you can omit it.”
Makes 4 servings
- 6¾ cups water
- 1 3-inch strip fresh orange peel
- 12 crushed whole green cardamom pods
- 3 tablespoons black Darjeeling tea leaves
- Boil the water with the orange peel and cardamom pods. Infuse for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tea, and infuse for 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Strain and serve with hot milk and sugar, as desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission of the publisher from Chai: The Spice Tea of India, copyright ©1999 by Diana Rosen, Storey Publishing.
Note: Because you’re dedicated to organic living, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavor, while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.