Made with organic cacao powder, unsweetened dark chocolate, cane sugar, crystallized ginger and chai spices, it’s 100% organic and Fair-Trade certified. Just add water, milk, cream or soymilk for a deliciously rich hot beverage.
The mix is now available at supermarkets and natural/organic food stores. It joins Dagoba’s existing line of organic drinking chocolates:
- Authentic—made with premium cacao powder, dark chocolate bits and cane sugar
- Xocolatl—spiked with chiles and spices to pay homage to a favorite Aztec beverage
- Unsweetened—perfect for those who want to enjoy the natural properties of chocolate, with no added sugar
The suggested retail price for a 12-oz. canister is $11.95. A 9-pack is available online for $89.55.
- Drinking cocoa can help lower blood pressure, according to researchers at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
- Cornell University researchers have found that cocoa is a major source of cancer-fighting antioxidants.