Fall may have arrived, but we’re going to endure triple-digit temperatures in Southern California next week.
While water is the best way to stay hydrated, blueberry juice provides a special antioxidant-rich treat.
Today’s recipe adds a blueberry twist to traditional limeade. All of the ingredients should be available at a well-stocked natural and organic food store.
Note: For cocktail hour, check out our previously posted recipe for Organic Blueberry Mojitos.
Organic Blueberry-Mint Limeade
Makes 8 servings
1/2 cup fresh organic mint
4 cups organic limeade
4 cups organic blueberry juice blend or nectar
- Chop fresh mint.
- Pour limeade into a glass measuring cup, and fill to the 1/2-cup mark.
- Add mint, and crush it with a muddler or wooden spoon until well mixed. Let steep for 5 minutes to infuse flavors.
- Place mint mixture in a pitcher, and add remaining juices.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with extra mint leaves, if desired.
4 Organic Lemonade Recipes
- Watermelon Lemonade with Kiwifruit Splash
- Rosemary-Laced Lemonade Tea
- Asian Lemonade
- Spiced Lemonade