You’ll make the most nutritious—and delicious—produce choices when you buy locally grown organic fruits and vegetables that are in season. It’s also the most economical way to shop the produce aisle.
Here are the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s top peak-season choices. Grapes and sweet potatoes come off last month’s list.
- Bell peppers
Click here to find a farmer’s market near you.
Recipes to Inspire You
- Confetti Apple Slaw
- Granny Smith Guacamole
- Frozen Honey Banana Pops
- Spicy Nutmeg Carrots
- Home-Style Minestrone
- Wilted Greens with Pinot Pears
- Pear and Chocolate Spread
- Orange and Radish Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette
- Red Beet and Blood Orange Salad
- Warm Griddle Salad with Chicken and Apples
- Romaine, Pecan and Pear Salad