Not surprisingly, Charlie repaid everyone’s generosity with a series of gastrointestinal upheavals. As a puppy that eats table food only when it drops from the kitchen prep area, she’s not used to anything other than her carefully selected organic dog food, which contains:
- Protein to build and maintain strong muscles
- Vitamins and minerals for heart health
- Antioxidants like beta-carotene and vitamin E to promote a strong immune system
- A fiber blend for optimal digestive health
- Omega-3 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Multigrain carbohydrates like corn, rice, sorghum and barley for energy and vitality
- Natural calcium for strong teeth and bones
Instead of recommending a specific brand of food, I’d encourage you to talk to your veterinarian about your pet’s specific needs, based on age, size, weight, breed, health conditions and other variables. Tell the vet you want to buy an organic food, and review the available options.
Tune in tomorrow for info on prebiotic and probiotic supplements for pets.