In parts of the South, it isn’t BBQ unless there’s cole slaw.
Today’s recipe serves as a great topping for burgers, hot dogs and bratwurst.
All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Southern Roadhouse Barbecue Topping
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 pound cole slaw (prepared or your favorite recipe)
- In skillet, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until translucent and slightly brown. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In small bowl, combine onion mixture with barbecue sauce and cole slaw. Toss lightly to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Johnsonville