Dairy products are a great source of calcium—something we already know. But most of us fall short of the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) for calcium and vitamin D. This power-duo is important for building and maintaining healthy teeth and bones in children and adults.
Our weekend recipe is a lesson in simplicity: a healthful snack that contains only three ingredients. All should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
In addition to enjoying a delicious treat, you’ll provide your body with high levels of calcium, vitamins C and D, essential minerals and protein.
Strawberries & Cream
- 16 fresh strawberries, stemmed, washed and quartered
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh almonds (optional)
- Top strawberries with ricotta cheese and almonds (optional).
- Chill 1 hour before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Sorrento/Precious