Yesterday, we looked at the basic nutritional profiles for peaches, plums and nectarines. Here’s a scrumptious appetizer or satisfying lunch that packs a good-for-you plum punch.
The prep time for Tarragon Turkey Lettuce Cups With Plums and Toasted Almonds is just 15 minutes. All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Tarragon Turkey Salad Lettuce Cups with Plums and Toasted Almonds
Makes 4 servings
- 12 ounces extra-thick, deli-sliced, low-sodium, oven-roasted turkey breast, diced
- 2 fresh California plums, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
Stir together all ingredients except almonds and lettuce in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Stir in almonds just before serving. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each lettuce leaf.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the California Tree Fruit Agreement