Say “tailgate party” to most hardcore sports fans, and two words will likely come to mind: burgers and beer.
But there’s no need to limit your organic menu. Teriyaki, for example, is a versatile sauce that’s ideal for creating a wide range of tailgate recipes—even salad dressings.
Our end-of-the-week recipe is a healthful salad for tailgate parties, other fall celebrations or a quiet family dinner. All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Teriyaki Bean Salad
Makes 6 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Cook green beans according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, blend marinade, vinegar, oil and salt in a nonmetallic, medium-size bowl. Add green beans, kidney beans and onion. Stir to evenly coat all pieces.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, or until chilled, stirring once.
Recipe courtesy of Kikkoman International Inc.