As promised in Legendary Southern-Style Barbecue, today’s recipe calls for fresh shrimp, which you will place on skewers for the grill. This is a great dish for entertaining—easy to prepare and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Bacon-Wrapped Barbecued Shrimp
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 lb. pepper bacon (or preferred bacon)
- 1½ cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- Vegetable oil
- Cut bacon slices in half. Cook bacon partially (should not be crisp). Prepare grill.
- Combine barbecue sauce, garlic powder and lemon juice; pour half of mixture into separate bowl for later use.
- Dip shrimp in remaining sauce to thoroughly coat. Wrap each piece of shrimp with 1/2 piece of bacon.
- Place on skewer (leave small space between pieces).
- Brush grill with vegetable oil. Place skewers on hot grill and baste with remaining sauce. Grill approximately 4 to 6 minutes.
Note: Because you are committed to organic living, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic foods, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavor and nutrition, while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Jack Daniel’s SaucesRead More:Bacon-Wrapped Barbecued Shrimp