Move over, coffee! Premium teas are edging out java for status in brewed beverages.
“Tea is exceedingly powerful, representing authenticity, beauty and design to discriminating consumers,” says Judy Ramberg, a consumer strategist focused on food and beverages for Iconoculture, a leading consumer research firm. “Today’s consumer is hungry for lifestyle experiences that are premium and yet accessible—little luxuries that can be savored every day. The elegant simplicity of tea represents a lifestyle choice.”
Hot & Spicy Chocolate Tea
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 black tea bags
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- In 2-quart saucepan, bring milk and water just to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Cover and brew 1½ minutes.
- Remove tea bags. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired, with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Note: Because you are committed to organic living, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic foods, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavor and nutrition, while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
Book of the Day
Recipe and photo courtesy of LiptonRead More:Hot & Spicy Chocolate Tea