October 9th, 2010 - Barbara Feiner
Before Paula Deen became a bestselling author and celebrity chef, she taught sons Jamie and Bobby how to cook at the family’s restaurant, aptly named The Lady & Sons.
The Savannah, GA-based eatery, which opened its doors in 1989, still specializes in Southern cuisine—from fried green tomatoes and fried chicken to crab stew and barbecued grouper. (Check out Paula’s recipe for Rustic Orange Eggs Benedict.)
The Deen brothers have since hosted the Food Network’s Road Tasted and written several cookbooks, including Y’all Come Eat and The Deen Bros. Take It Easy: Quick and Affordable Meals the Whole Family Will Love.
Read More:Crunchy Elvis Sandwich
February 12th, 2007 - Barbara Feiner
Let’s start planning Wednesday’s organic Valentine’s Day feast—and what better way to kick things off than a deliciously healthful dessert?
With strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, this fruit-filled, easy-to-prepare dish is a romantic feast for the eyes and palate.
Triple-Berry Granola Crisp
Makes 9 servings
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Cascadian Farm frozen organic blueberries
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Cascadian Farm frozen organic strawberries
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Cascadian Farm frozen organic raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups Cascadian Farm organic oats & honey granola
- Vanilla reduced-fat ice cream or vanilla yogurt, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish, stir together frozen berries, sugar and flour until fruit is coated.
- Bake 20 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with granola.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until light golden brown and bubbly. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream.
Recipe and photo © 2007 Cascadian Farms/Small Planet Foods
Book Pick of the Day: Berries
Read More:Triple-Berry Granola Crisp