Nothing beats sipping a tall, cold Blueberry Mojito while grilling outdoors.
The combination of fresh mint and blueberries is super-refreshing, and the drink can be prepared with or without alcohol. (For a virgin mojito, top off the glass with lemonade or club soda in lieu of rum.)
Here’s the best part: All of the ingredients should be available at a well-stocked natural and organic food store.
Makes 1 drink
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
4 tablespoons blueberries, fresh or frozen, divided
1/2 to 3/4 cup lemonade
Splash of club soda
1 ounce light rum
1/2 ounce dark rum
Mint sprig and lime slice, for garnish
- In a tall 16-oz. glass, add mint leaves, lime juice and sugar. Mash the ingredients with the back of a spoon or muddler until fragrant.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the blueberries, and mash until juicy.
- Fill the glass three-quarters full with ice. Add lemonade until the glass is two-thirds full.
- Add splash of soda, light rum and remaining blueberries; stir.
- Slowly pour dark rum into the drink so it floats on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and slice of lime; serve immediately.
Recipe developed by Lewis & Neale for the U.S. Highbush Blueberry CouncilRead More:Organic Blueberry Mojito