May 4th, 2010 - Barbara Feiner
Whether you’re celebrating Mother’s Day with a home-cooked brunch or taking Mom to her favorite restaurant, start the celebration with this trendy cocktail.
Cilantro, ginger and lime add an exotically flavorful flair. Prep time is only 5 minutes, and all of the ingredients should be available at a well-stocked natural and organic food store.
Write a special toast for Mom, and you’re good to go!
Cilantro Lime Fizz
Makes 2 servings
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 ounces gin
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves (without stems)
1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract (not imitation extract)
1 cup ginger beer
Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Mix lime juice, gin, cilantro leaves and almond extract in a cocktail shaker with a muddler or wooden spoon, until cilantro is crushed.
- Add 2 cups ice cubes; shake until well mixed and chilled.
- To serve, strain over ice cubes in highball glasses. Fill glasses with ginger beer.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Recipe and photo courtesy of McCormick
Read More:Cilantro Lime Fizz
April 26th, 2006 - Barbara Feiner
Mother’s Day is about two weeks away, so it’s time to get busy! Order your flowers from OrganicBouquet.com, the nation’s first online organic florist. The company is featuring three special bouquets, each of which includes a free glass vase:
- Fragrant Garden Bouquet, a 20-stem arrangement that includes lovely lilies, pink spray roses, white asters, pink hypericum, gypsophillia and godetia.
- Purple Mountain Bouquet, 20 of OrganicBouquet’s favorite purple blooms, including purple statice, Mardi Gras asters, agapanthus, trachelium and a touch of pink roses for a truly regal presentation.
- Bountiful Tulips, a 20-stem bouquet grown in California under certified organic farming methods.
“The organic story is now broadening far beyond the health benefits of pesticide-free foods,” says OrganicBouquet.com CEO Gerald Prolman. “Organic farming, whether asparagus, strawberries, cotton or our own beautiful flowers, helps protect Mother Nature—it’s that simple.”
Organic flowers are grown without using synthetic chemicals or pesticides, and they thrive in living ecosystems. Beneficial insects like wasps eat predatory aphids, while natural fertilizers transform warm, humid greenhouse soil into a hotbed of radiant colors and floral hues.
Now, think about sweetening your Mother’s Day gift with some divine organic chocolates!
Read More:Organic Flowers for Mother’s Day