Looking for a way to simplify your holiday to-do list?
Imagine a table lavishly spread with platters of mouthwatering miniature crab cakes, tender tiny quiches and flaky mushroom turnovers. Markets are offering a wide assortment of high-quality, pre-made appetizers, which can be thawed or reheated in your oven.
Add this simple from-scratch sauce for a unique flair. It’s divine with hot appetizers like vegetable turnovers. To ensure your party planning stays stress-free, you can prepare the sauce up to 24 hours ahead and keep it refrigerated.
White Wine Cream Sauce
Yields about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté 1 minute.
- Add wine and cream; cook 12 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and parsley. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Note: If you prepare sauce ahead and refrigerate, it will need to be reheated. Warm 2 ounces of cream in a saucepan and bring to simmer. Then add refrigerated cream sauce by whisking in slowly. Continue whisking until hot and bubbly; add 1 tablespoon butter to finish.
Note: Because you’re dedicated to organic living, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavor, while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy’s Specialty FoodsRead More:White Wine Cream Sauce