Have an extra cozy and autumn-inspired pasta night with this simple sweet potato pasta with creamy garlic tahini sauce. Consider it pasta Alfredo, elevated.
Sweet Potato Pasta Ingredients
Made with just a handful of pantry staples, plus everyone’s favorite root vegetable, this sweet potato pasta can be on the table in less than fifteen minutes.
Sweet potatoes make for a delicious (and super nutritious) noodle. These tubers are rich in a variety of nutrients including vitamins A, B6, and C, potassium, iron, copper, and fiber. They’re also abundant in phytochemicals and antioxidants, compounds that work to protect the body from oxidative stress and cell damage.
Use a spiralizer to make long strands of sweet potato noodles. No spiralizer? Many natural grocery stores such as Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe’s sell sweet potato noodles (among other spiralized vegetables) ready to go in the refrigerated section.
Spiralized sweet potatoes are then topped with a creamy, vegan sauce made of tahini, almond milk, garlic, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice, which can be blended up, in a small blender or food processor.
Tahini, made from ground sesame seeds, gives the sauce a perfectly nutty flavor, along with a variety of vitamins and minerals, like calcium. Nutritional yeast imparts a cheesy flavor, while lemon juice brightens and adds balance.
Sauté the sweet potato pasta with the creamy tahini sauce and have a nourishing dinner ready to go in no time.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Using a spiralizer, carefully spiralize sweet potato into long noodles. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: In a small blender (like a bullet) or food processor, combine all sauce ingredients: tahini, almond milk, garlic clove, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and sea salt and pepper to taste. Blend on high until sauce is combined and creamy. Add more almond milk to thin, if necessary.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add sweet potato noodles and sauté for five minutes, or until noodles become slightly tender. Stir in sauce (you may have extra) and sauté for an additional five minutes, or until sauce is warmed and pasta is creamy.
- Divide pasta between two dishes and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Related On Organic Authority
You Should Probably Become a ‘Pasta Addict’ Just Like Audrey Hepburn Was
Sweet Potato ‘Toast’ Plus All the Toppings: Best Breakfast Upgrade
4 Sweet Potato Recipes to Make Your Meatless Monday Even Sweeter
Photos by Kate Gavlick