Do you need a spa break with some quality “me” time? You don’t have to pay big bucks, travel to Fiji or spend hours to feel pampered; in fact you can treat yourself to a mini spa break without leaving home. Your kitchen is full of all the ingredients needed for a homemade face mask that you can make in mere minutes.
The beauty industry doesn’t want you to know that a natural, homemade face mask can be just as effective (if not more so) as pricy creams and gels. Just take a moment to rummage through your kitchen cabinets and refrigerator shelves to see which ingredients you have for the fast face mask recipes below.
Tips for Using A Homemade Face Mask
These face mask recipes work for all skin types and will hydrate, replenish and refresh your smiling face. After applying the mask gently with your fingertips, you’ll need to let it sit and soak in for about fifteen minutes, so take the opportunity to chill out and relax. Wash off the mask with lukewarm water, then moisturize like you normally would after cleaning your face. These masks will also work on your entire body, but be prepared for the possibility of a mess! If you have sensitive skin, be sure to test out the mask on a small section of your face before piling it on.
9 Homemade Face Mask Recipes To Make in Minutes
1. Avocado Mask – Mash up one ripe avocado after removing the pit and peel. Add one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of organic plain yogurt (full-fat for dry skin and low-fat for oily skin).
2. Milk Mask – Mix 1/3 cup powdered milk with a teaspoon of distilled water, adding water little by little until it becomes a thick paste. Apply and let dry completely.
3. Banana Mask – Smash together one ripe banana and two tablespoons of honey. Acne sufferers may also want to add one teaspoon of low-fat plain organic yogurt.
4. Mayonnaise Mask – Mayonnaise is full of fat and eggs, and it makes an excellent moisturizing mask all by itself. Just smear it on and let it sit.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Mask – This mask is best for oily skin and also works as a toner. Dilute ¼ cup apple cider vinegar with ¼ cup distilled water, then apply the liquid to your face and let dry.
6. Egg Mask – Beat an egg with one teaspoon honey for an easy mask. Use the entire egg for normal skin, only the yolk for dry skin, and only the egg white for oily skin.
7. Yogurt Mask – Refresh your face with two teaspoons of plain organic yogurt mixed with the juice from one slice of orange. If you have sensitive skin, add in one teaspoon of aloe vera.
8. Oatmeal Mask – Make this classic mask with your breakfast. Mix together 1/3 cup plain oatmeal with ½ cup hot water and let sit for 3 minutes. Now add in one egg white and two tablespoons honey. Before you wash this mask off, wipe most of the oatmeal off with a paper towel so that you don’t clog up your sink.
9. Sour Cream Mask – Combine two tablespoons of sour cream, two tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice to make this brightening mask.
Related on Organic Authority: