Here’s how to win at every summer barbeque: whip up these grilled peaches stuffed with granola and served alongside vanilla ice cream – in less than fifteen minutes. Hello sweet, smoky, and delicious goodness.
How to Elevate Peaches: Grill Them!
Peaches are nutritious summer treats. These fuzzy fruits are good sources of a variety of vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, E, C, and K, iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and copper. Peaches also contain ample antioxidants such as lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta-cryptoxanthin. These plant compounds are known to reduce free radical damage and lower inflammation.
While delightful raw and bursting with juice, peaches are also amazing grilled. The sugars in peach naturally caramelize on a hot grill, which makes the fruit even more fragrant and delicious.
When selecting the perfect peaches to grill, look for firmer fruits. Too soft of fruits can result in mushy grilled peaches, and can oftentimes stick to the grill.
The recipe for these grilled peaches couldn’t be easier. Simply cut peaches in half and twist gently to separate. Remove the pit of the peach, lightly drizzle with coconut oil, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Grill peaches on a clean grill over direct grill heat for five to eight minutes, or until peach flesh caramelizes and grill marks appear.
To make sure the remainder of the peach softens and warms, move the peach to indirect heat and cook for five minutes more. Serve peaches straight from the grill with homemade granola, coconut flakes, and a scoop of ice cream.
Granola provides a sweet and salty crunch and is a delicious balance to the warm and fragrant fruit. If you don’t have any batches of homemade granola lying around, pick up a grocery store version with minimal added sugar and ingredients.
This grilled peach recipe is summer simplicity is at its finest.
- 2 peaches
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup granola
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream, optional
- Cut peaches in half and gently twist to separate. Remove pit from peaches and discard.
- Drizzle cut side of peaches with coconut oil and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Heat grill to medium-low heat. Place peaches cut side down on grill and grill for 5-8 minutes, or until grill marks appear and peach flesh begins to caramelize.
- Flip peaches over and move to indirect heat. Grill for 5-10 minutes longer, or until softened to your liking.
- Remove peaches from grill.
- Stuff peach centers with granola, coconut flakes, and a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
- Serve peaches immediately and enjoy!
Related On Organic Authority
How to Get the Nutritional Benefits of Peaches (Grill Them Up!)
How to Make Grilled Fruit: Peaches, Plums, and Pears, Oh My!
Maple Roasted Peaches and Cream Vegan Summer Recipe
Photos by Kate Gavlick