Mark Bittman (one of my foodie crushes) posted a fabulous infographic to the New York Times Magazine showing how easy it can be to create a practically endless variety of delicious summer meals in your crock pot—which got us thinking: what other summer slow cooker recipes can we whip up and keep the kitchen cool?
Slow cookers aren’t just for stews and braises; people have been coming up with more and more ingenious ways to use them, from roasting a whole chicken to making brownies and just about everything in between.
Bittman’s endless recipe starts with dry beans—which do gorgeously well in the crock pot—and goes from there. Add meat (or not) and veggies and brighten up with some fresh herbs. Done! Sounds like dinner. Here’s a short list of 21 other summer recipes we rounded up for your slow cooker.
- Crock Pot Roasted Chicken from Local kitchen
- Crock Pot Chicken Wings from Top Appetizer Recipes
- Gruyere-Bacon Dip from Cooking Light
- Cheesy Spinach Crab Dip from Cooking Light
- Seafood Pesto Pasta from Family Circle
- Hot Dogs For A Crowd from Stephanie O’Dea
- Crock Pot Enchiladas JillsJunction.com
- Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas from One Lovely Life
- Jerk Pork Wraps with Lime Mayo from Better Homes and Gardens
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Sandwiches from Shugary Sweets
- Wild Rice with Chicken and Sugar Snap Peas from Family Circle
- Provençal Chicken Supper from Cooking Light
- Lime Cilantro Chicken from WebMD
- Ratatouille from Recipezaar
- Fresh Tomato Sauce from Cooking Cache
- Easy Crock Pot Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter from Chef Mom
- Bourbon Maple Slow Cooker Baked Beans from Skyline Empire
- Slow Cooker Salsa from The Magical Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Raspberry Lemon Cake from Slow Cooker Adventures
- Lemon Berry Pudding Cake from Better Homes and Gardens
- Pineapple Coconut Tapioca from Cooking Light