Asparagus tastes best – and is best for you! – when it’s fresh, aka in season. So be sure to take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy its delicate flavor. Purchase a bundle from your local farmer’s market during spring to ensure you get the freshest possible. Here are a few simple ways to dress it up. Enjoy!
Garlic Aoili Asparagus
1/3 cup plain yogurt (without fake sweeteners)
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt to taste
1. Whisk the ingredients together.
2. Spoon it over cooked asparagus.
Balsamic Vinagrette Asparagus
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Stir the ingredients together.
2. Pour the vinagrette over cooked asparagus.
3. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
1. Cook the asparagus using your preferred method.
2. Drizzle them with olive oil, and sprinkle on a dash of salt and pepper.
3. Cut the prosciutoo length-wise, and wrap each stalk.
4. If you’d like, sprinkle some bread crumbs or parmesan cheese on top.
Photo Credit: Skånska Matupplevelser