Meatless Monday has arrived again! And while hopefully there are more days than one in your week void of the oft eco-heavy entrails of our furry friends, today we honor this weekly tradition by bringing you our favorite recipes from across the web as of late. With an eye for the seasonal, a love of all things organic and a real foodie devotion, we hope you enjoy these dishes as much as we do.
1. Start things out with seasonal Sweet Corn Ceviche from the Sprouted Kitchen. If ever a time to find creamy, flavor-packed corn at the farmers market existed, it is indeed now. While simple, this dish capitalizes on end-of-summer corn deliciousness and the traditional ceviche flavors. You won't even miss the seafood!
2. For a hearty salad that could even be a meal (lunch anyone?), 101 Cookbooks shares a farmers market-friendly Tortilla Salad Recipe that's meaty without the meat and healthfully scrumptious without the carbon foodprint. Leave out the feta for an even more eco-edible salad.
3. Coming in with another hearty meatless dish, serve up this take on falafel for a ball-grabbing affair (yup, I said it). Olives for Dinner brings us Spicy Fava Bean Falafel, and we're so glad.
4. As summer is rounding out, say sayonara with a serious bang with this experimental dish from Herbivoracious. Seared Watermelon with Flavors of Summer takes an extraordinary savory twist on one of our juiciest and sweetest summer fruits.
5. We are smitten, with the Smitten Kitchen that is. Last week, they brought us the most indulgent end to a Meatless Monday meal yet: Red Wine Chocolate Cake with Whipped Mascarpone. Need we say more?
6. Okay, a bit more. We couldn't resist these Baked Vegan Cinnamon Donuts from The Wholesome Cook... just a smidgen healthier than the aforementioned dessert. And really, just as yummy.