Meatless Monday. We hope it’s as ubiquitous in your circle as it is in ours. But if your vegetarian meal radar is a bit off, we’re here to help! From the conscious carnivores at Organic Authority to the ‘ethical vegans’ to the diehard raw foodists, we love a good vegetarian recipe and we are always busy looking for ’em. Turn tonight’s dinner into a delicious expression of your environmental beliefs. Let forks everywhere speak with this roundup of the most delectable vegetarian recipes to come out of the blogosphere in the last week.
1. Start off your meal with this simple, rustic take on a beloved recipe. Besides, will all those gorgeous tomatoes, it would be a crime not to give this one a try! Lightly Cooked Cherry Tomato and Ricotta Bruschetta from Herbivoracious.
2. Light soups make for beautiful summer fare, especially as we begin to transition into fall. These recipes for Real Cream of Tomato Soup and Swedish Rhubarb Raspberry Soup come from Yoga Journal blogger Lynn Alley in her article, Soups On.
3. From Vegetarian Times, it’s 1 Food 5 Ways and it’s a good one: Kale. From Kale Lasagna Diavolo to Rice and Chickpea Kale Rolls with Pineapple Salsa, Kale Shorba with Cucumber Raita Swirl, Flash-Fried Kale with Peanuts to Kale-Pecan Pesto, you never knew Kale could be this phenomenally versatile and tasty for all members of your family. They’re bound to embrace this superfood.
4. Another entree option to satisfy all your vital criteria: Meatless, healthy, hearty and oh-so yummy. Coming your way from the Fat Free Vegan Kitchen, give this recipe for Skillet Eggplant and Lentils with Almond Parmesan the spotlight at your table. Plus, it’s a one-pot meal that shouldn’t take much longer than a half hour to throw together!
5. And for dessert… Raw Chocolate Macaroons from Sweet On Veg. Need we say more?