Can you guys believe that the Fourth of July is only a week away? I sure can’t. Anyhow, take your mind off all the holiday picnic planning you will soon have to do, and read our weekly From Our Friends, where we roundup some of OA’s favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week’s roundup has a link to a killer vegan recipe, a roundup of fun, summertime activities, a story about smart watering, and a crafty, DIY bird feeder. Also: An article that contains helpful Fourth of July picnic tips, a small business starter article, and a yummy salsa recipe.
1. This one is for the bird lovers. Learn how to make a functional bird feeder from a re-purposed paint can. This cute idea is from Crafting a Green World.
2. Get outside and eat! This article is full of tips to help you have a safe and happy picnic. Via Fit Bottomed Eats.
3. Have you ever wondered how people start their own business? Well, wonder no more. This article from HooplaHa explains how small business ideas are everywhere.
4. So, if you’re still planning your holiday picnic as I alluded to above, consider making this vegan nacho dip. It looks really good and very well may be the hit of the party. This vegan recipe is from Oh She Glows, courtesy of Lululemon.
5. The start of summer is still fresh in my mind, but it will be gone before we know it. Here are some things to do before this lovely season passes, via ModCloth.
6. Check out this new and nifty chip that tells farmers when to water. This interesting article is from Modern Farmer.
7. Here’s another yummy recipe to add to your holiday picnic menu. This salsa has heirloom tomatoes and yellow squash! Via Vegetarian Times.
Related on Organic Authority