|From Our Friends: February 17, 2012|
|Written by Spencer Kent|
Each week, we roundup a handful of our favorite articles and blogs from our friends and partners around the web and share them with you! This week's installment includes some juicy posts on the benefits of cabbage, new low calorie candy packages, California's Label GMO campaign, belly fat melting food, and an article on just feeling good. Enjoy these, OA readers, and have a great weekend!
1. Sadly, there are no magic foods that will simply melt away belly fat when you eat them. But these 20 foods from EcoSalon have properties that can aid in the battle of the muffin top, like helping to regulate blood sugar and discouraging fat from accumulating in the first place.
2. Are you a fan of cabbage? There are some very convincing statistics showing that eating cabbage brings substantial health benefits in return. Check out this article from MightyNest to get informed!
3. Mars is taking a HUGE step in the fight against obesity by planning to limit their candy packages to 250 calories. As Blisstree points out, one of the problems with candy is that it's usually more than one serving per package. Click through to get the scoop!
4. If you live in California, you may have started to hear about a campaign underway that would give Californians the right to know if they’re eating genetically modified foods. Read all about the Label GMO Campaign over at The Organic Whey blog.
5. If doing new things makes us feel good, why do we resist doing them? Here are practical ways from Experience Life to get past our fear of the unknown and make each day an adventure.
image: Stonyfield Farm
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent